As humble as one should be, we also believe it is important to validate our own achievements.
5 years in business celebration feels like the perfect time to do so. Today we got quite sentimental and went through all the memories to mark the milestones of our business, and would like to share them with you!
- Socks business idea is born, first designs made and produced
- Irish Irish/funky socks business in Ireland is born, registered as Irish Socksciety (see what we did? Socks + society = Socksciety!)
- Winners of Fuelling Ambition Pitching Competition ran by Enterprise Ireland, Facebook, Network Ireland
- The Sunday Business Post listed Irish Socksciety as one of the hottest start-ups in Ireland
- Introduced first artist edition socks in collaboration with Shane O’Malley
- Feature in Forbes Women
- COVID, sure survived it and got only stronger
- Implemented Green For Micro Programme
- Accredited Irish Sock Company of 2021 by the All Ireland Business Foundation
- Became members of Guaranteed Irish
- Won Bronnadh Speisialta na Moltóirí at the Gradam Sheosaimh Uí Ógartaigh
- Introduced the ‘I’m perfect’ campaign with 50% profits going to organizations supporting women in Ireland
- Accredited Irish Sock Company of 2022 by the All Ireland Business Foundation
- ‘Lots of socks’ campaign with 21% of profits going to Down Syndrome Ireland
- Won Ghradam Sheosaimh Uí Ógartaigh 2022 in the online business category
- Dumplings for Ukraine fundraising
- Socks for Ukraine - all profits from ‘Socks on lights off’ to help Ukraine
- Pop up shop in Arnotts, Dublin
We have nearly hundred styles of socks available, all designed by us in Galway.
Socks subscriptions have been bringing joy to feet around the world since we started.
We supply to nearly 150 shops in Ireland and abroad and work with plenty of corporate clients on the bespoke design socks.
Every morning brings us happiness - this is a genuine fact.
We are so proud of what we’ve achieved - a sustainable business, employment, support for the local economy and community. To be perfectly honest, we believe it works because whatever strategy we take, it has its source in our hearts, intuition and good will, not cold calculations.
We always had a very clear vision of who we are, what we represent and what we stand for. Quality, sustainability and community are the values that are personally important to us, so it was only natural to bring them to the business. There are challenges, lower points or darker moments, obviously. But as a part of life they just become lessons that help us grow, develop and raise.
Thank you for being part of this journey so far, it means the world. Go raibh maith agat!