***Application process is now closed***
The Irish Socksciety family is about to get a whole lot socksier...
That’s right, we’re looking for an Office and Distribution Operations Legend to join our ranks!
They say many feet make light work (don’t they?!) and we’re on the prowl for a well-organised, passionate person to bring a little more joy to our Liosban Industrial Estate sock-strewn set-up.
If you’ve got a grá for a good pair of socks, an ordered mind for day-to-day office work and a head for packing and dispatching - we want to hear from you. Naturally, we’ve got some gruelling expectations that include no less than extensive experience as a Banter Connoisseur, an innate ability to have the craic and a genuine interest in the growth of our lovely little business. It also helps if you’ve got a car, we do love going for a shpin like! The position of the Office and Distribution Operations Legend is a one year contract with a room for extension. Immediate start would be ideal.
We are literally looking for someone who will be able to join us in laughter and a really hard and precise work. We are offering a full time position for a one year contract with possibility of growth of the position and extending the contract.
We are based in a cosy and warm premises of the Liosban Estate. You’ll get to witness and experience plenty of colours, creative work, lots of kettle on sounds, sometimes time pressure, plenty of packaging, caring and all that jazz. But most of all socks, socks and socks. All in a very genuine and friendly environment.
Ideally the person would be eager to help us grow our small business in a passionate and environmentally friendly way.
We are two extremely driven people with a huge love for Ireland and the Irish craic, if you can describe yourself in a similar way, it looks like you can be the right fit.
What will you do?
Pack and dispatch
- Online orders
- Retail orders
- Communication with the An Post legends and customers if necessary
- Sticking plenty of socks and other products into our lovely recyclable packaging
- Monitoring stock levels
- Drafting, formating, and printing relevant documents
- Ordering office supplies as needed
- Assisting in purchase orders and invoicing
- Managing outgoing post and recording data on special deliveries
- Photocopying and filing appropriate documents as needed
- Attending workshops, conferences
- Working in shopify, google drive and dropbox, Adobe Suite
- Possible attending trade shows
- Bringing ideas for organisation solutions and maintenance
- Interacting with directors (it’s ourselves, like so all good) and carrying out their requests
- Dispatching parcels at the local post offices
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Enthusiastic, organised and genuine
- Willing to commit to lots an lots of packing if necessary, like seriously, the precision and speed here are the key
- Perfect at working independently and within a team
- Excel, Google sheets, Adobe Suite knowledge
- Relevant internship or work experience would be class
- Creative and with passion for style and design
- Full driving licence + car
- Open to learning all aspects of running and growing a sustainable business
To apply please fill the form below. Do not forget to attach your CV: